08 December 2017

Things to do before ....


50 things to do before…

5yrs, 5pm, 50yr?

I have ranted a lot this week, so wanted to end it on a high. I would like to thank colleagues for a life enhancing morning. Purpose is a wonderful thing. I joined a group of leaders today to talk about Bradford’s ‘50 Things to do Before You're Five’ project. It was a great morning, and filled me with enthusiasm. I particularly enjoyed talking about well-being, inclusive practice and equality. It does tie in with my other work, because without the opportunity to experience the joys of learning through play our well-being can be compromised. I had great pleasure, last night preparing for the session, because it led me to remember lots of stuff! Life affirming, mucky, dirty, dangerous, thrilling STUFF:
Building fires
Chasing ducks
Mud pies
Neighbour’s gardens [pinching apples and walnuts]
Building dens
Bicycle rides
Forest tracks
Rivers through the snow
Climbing trees
Feeding horses
Bed-boats
Train sets
Saving sweet stacks.... for weeks
Cooking flat cakes
Making pottery
Painting

Yes! They were happy days!!!  A reminder I should make more, before 50!!!
Thank you St Edmund’s, very happy memories full of joy, no doubt the reservoirs that still fill me with hope these days

No comments:

Post a Comment